You may be eligible for compensation if a motorcycle accident aggravated an old injuryYes. You can recover damages if a motorcycle crash made a pre-existing condition worse or caused you to suffer a complication from an injury you had prior to the accident. However, the insurance company responsible for paying for your damages is likely going to argue that your pain, your medical treatment, and your medical bills were not a result of the crash, but were instead the result of your already existing injury or illness.

Be Prepared to Fight for Your Fair Recovery

You should not only expect the insurance company’s arguments and attempts to reduce your fair payment, but you should be prepared with evidence of your current accident injuries. To that end, it is important to:

  • Seek medical attention as soon as possible after the motorcycle accident. This will help you prove which injuries or which parts of your injuries were directly caused by the crash.
  • Follow all of your doctor’s orders. This will help both with your physical and legal recoveries.
  • Keep a detailed journal about how the injury has impacted your life. This may help show how your motorcycle accident injuries impacted you as compared to the injury you had prior to the crash.

You are entitled to compensation for any damages resulting from your motorcycle accident. Thus, you will have to prove what pain, injuries, and bills were caused by the motorcycle crash rather than your pre-existing injury.

It is important to have a skilled advocate on your side to help you protect the fair recovery you deserve. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer knows how to present the evidence in a persuasive way to get you the fair and just recovery to which you are entitled pursuant to state law. To learn more about protecting your rights after a motorcycle accident, please read our FREE book, The Ultimate Guide for Motorcycle Accident Victims, today.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.