The good news is that you have the same right to a fair accident recovery as permanent residents of Iowa who have been victims of traffic crashes. However, like those who live in Iowa, you will have to fight for your fair recovery if you are hurt in an Iowa car accident.

Pursing a fair recovery may seem overwhelming once you get home. The accident scene is far away, you may not know the Iowa traffic laws, and your medical care may take place first in an Iowa hospital and later in your home state.

What to Do When You Get Home

As with any accident, you should:

  • Report the crash to your insurance company. Simply report the location, date, and time of the crash to the 800 number for reporting claims.
  • Continue getting medical care to treat your injuries. Make sure that your doctors have your records from the doctors who treated you in Iowa immediately following the accident.
  • Contact a personal injury lawyer to help you protect your rights. You may want to talk to an Iowa lawyer who understands the law in the jurisdiction where your accident occurred.

After an Iowa accident, you may be able to recover damages for your past, current, and future:

  • Medical costs
  • Lost income
  • Out-of-pocket expenses
  • Pain and suffering
  • Other damages

In order to make sure that your case is pursued in the right court and that your legal rights are protected you should speak with an Iowa attorney. That attorney can review what happened in the accident, help you determine who would be at fault, and help you fight for the recovery that you deserve. Please start a live chat with us now to find out more information and to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced lawyers.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Helping car accident and personal injury victims throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa since 1993.