You weren’t an Uber passenger when the accident happened. At the moment of impact, you probably didn’t even know that the car that caused your collision was an Uber. However, sometime after the crash, you learned that the driver was working as an Uber driver at the time of your accident.
Take These Steps After an Uber Accident
Many of the steps that you take right after an Uber accident are the same as the actions that you would take after any car crash. Specifically, you should:
- Contact the police. The police will thoroughly investigate the accident and make sure that everyone at the crash gets the help that they need.
- Get medical attention. You should see a healthcare provider as soon as you can, even if you don’t feel any pain. Prompt medical care can help with both your physical and financial recoveries.
- Gather as much evidence as possible. Write down the names and contact information for all other drivers, passengers, and witnesses, and take as many photos as you can at the accident scene.
Then, you should contact an Iowa car accident lawyer for help protecting your rights.
How a Lawyer Can Help After an Uber Crash
Some information, such as whether the driver was working for a rideshare company at the time of the crash, may be discovered by an attorney who knows what questions to ask after a crash.
Additionally, liability may be complicated after an Uber crash. Therefore, determining who should pay your damages is often tricky. Our experienced rideshare accident lawyers will investigate all aspects of your accident claim to make sure that you are seeking compensation from the right insurer, which could include:
- Your own insurance company
- The Uber driver’s own personal auto insurance company
- Uber’s insurance policy
We will fight for your fair recovery of past and future healthcare costs, lost income, out-of-pocket expenses, physical pain, and emotional suffering.