While riding a motorcycle at nighttime may seem like a very satisfying endeavor -- with less crowded streets and fewer distractions than the daytime – it is still important to take all necessary precautions to stay safe. Hupy and Abraham values the safety of bikers and has compiled this list of tips to help you stay safe the next time you ride at night
- Make yourself visible: While for most this may go without saying, but it is always important to reiterate how essential it is for bikers to make themselves visible. Fluorescent colors and reflective clothing will ensure you’ll be seen.
- Properly maintain your lights: Ensure your headlight is clear and able to produce a strong beam of light and replace light bulbs as needed. Also, keep your turn indicators and brake lights clean and functional.
- Keep an eye on the reflectors: The reflectors on the road are incredibly useful to not only indicate upcoming twists and turns in the road, but also to indicate whether or not it is legal to overtake and pass.
- Use your senses to spot potential danger: Visibility is limited at night, so it is important to use all your available senses to avoid any potential risks while riding. For example, the smell of diesel fuel may indicate a stalled truck up ahead or the smell of fertilizer could signal muddy conditions or slow farm traffic.
- Avoid looking into headlights: This may seem obvious, but it can often be quite difficult. It is important to try and avoid looking directly into oncoming headlights as this can impair vision and make it next to impossible to see.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that you’ll be riding safely even in the darkest of nights. Should the unfortunate event befall you or a loved one that you’re injured in an accident while riding, you should seek legal counsel from attorneys who have experience working with injured bikers.
Having represented thousands of injured motorcycle riders, the attorneys with Hupy and Abraham have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide bikers the best possible results in their personal injury cases. Our offices can be reached at 800-800-5678 or via online chat at hupy.com.