SmoothOperatorProgram.com is a public safety initiative, which aims to provide education, information and solutions for the problem of aggressive driving. The problem is systemic. In Wisconsin and across the nation, aggressive drivers can be seen on a daily basis. At the very least, they cause an upsetting and nerve-wracking commute. At the worst, they cause serious, even deadly accidents.
The Smooth Operator website is maintained by law enforcement professionals. These dedicated men and women see the repercussions of aggressive driving every day. Please read on to learn more about aggressive driving and how you can help prevent it.
- Aggressive Driving - Aggressive driving can manifest itself through:
- Lack of attention to driving
- Frequent, unnecessary lane changes
- Running red lights
- Prevention Tips - What can you do to prevent an accident caused by aggressive driving? Smooth Operator has many tips to help all of us reduce the number of aggressive drivers on our roads, including:
- Reducing stress by allowing more travel time
- Remembering you cannot control traffic
- Concentrate on driving, not the stereo or cell phone
- Fight Road Rage - Road rage is a serious, even deadly form of aggressive driving. To help prevent road rage you can: Not retaliate, not make eye contact and if you are harassed, call the police.
- Take the Test - SmoothOperatorProgram.com has a test that you can take to determine if you are at risk for becoming an aggressive driver. The yes/no questionnaire will only take a minute to fill out, but it may give you insight into your driving personality.
Knowing yourself as a driver can help you stay calm and react the correct way to other driver's mistakes, intentional or not. The attorneys at Hupy and Abraham hope that the information provided here and on the SmoothOperatorProgram.com website will help you protect yourself and prevent accidents in Wisconsin and across the nation.
If you've been involved in an accident due to an aggressive driver, contact the auto accident lawyers of Hupy and Abraham today for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation today, toll-free at 800.800.5678. With offices in Milwaukee and throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, we are here for you when you need us, where you need us.