Not all truck accident injuries are the same. You may suffer an injury from which you fully recover with little medical intervention, or you may suffer an injury that changes your life forever.
Your injury is unique and deserves to be treated on an individual basis. You deserve an attorney who is going to fight for your full and fair recovery based on the unique injuries that you suffered. Our experienced lawyers are committed to doing that. We will take the time to understand your injuries so that we can fight for your recovery of medical expenses, lost income, out-of-pocket costs, physical pain damages, and emotional suffering damages.
We Represent Truck Accident Victims With the Following Injuries
If you have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence then we will fight for your just recovery. That is not contingent on you suffering a specific injury. For example, we can represent you if you have suffered a(n):
- Brain injury. You may suffer a brain injury if you bump your head during the collision, if something penetrates your skull and hits your brain during the collision, or if you are hit hard enough that your brain slams against your skull during the collision. The consequences of a brain injury depend on how the injury occurred and what part of the brain was affected.
- Spinal cord injury. Different spinal cord injuries can result from a truck wreck. If your spinal cord was completely suffered, then you may be paralyzed below the point of the injury. If, instead, your spinal cord was stretched or hurt, then you may suffer loss of sensation or movement.
- Broken bone. Any bone may break in a truck wreck. A simple break may heal relatively quickly with casting and physical therapy. More complex breaks may require surgery and may result in long-term restrictions and pain.
- Burn. Burn injuries are a particular risk when there is a vehicle fire or when you are involved in an accident with a truck carrying hazardous cargo. Long term treatments, significant pain, and permanent disfigurements are possible.
- Amputation. A limb may be amputated at the scene of the truck wreck or later because of the extent of the injury or a secondary infection. Whether you have lost an arm, hand, finger, leg, foot, or toe, your future has been forever changed by the truck wreck. You may incur significant medical bills and be unable to work like you did prior to the accident.
- Respiratory injury. Respiratory injuries and breathing issues can develop if you breathe in toxic materials or if your lung collapses in the crash.
We may also represent the estate of your loved one who died in an Iowa truck wreck. While a wrongful death cannot be fixed by filing a lawsuit, it can help hold the person who caused the crash accountable and it can help your family recover for your financial and emotional loss.
These Injuries Are Different, But Your Next Step Is the Same
After any truck accident injury your first priority should be getting the medical care that you need to manage your pain and prevent your condition from worsening. After that, you should attend to your legal and financial needs.
The sooner that you contact an experienced truck accident lawyer, the sooner the investigation into your claim can start and the sooner you can make a fair recovery. Our lawyers offer free, no-obligation consultations so that you can learn about your rights in a comfortable manner with no pressure to move forward unless you decide that it is in your best interest. If you do decide to hire us to file a lawsuit, then we will investigate your claim, work hard to negotiate a settlement, and not shy away from court if that is the best method of resolving your case. To learn more, please contact us online or call us directly at 800.800.5678 to schedule your free consultation in our Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, or Quad Cities office today.