If you suffer injuries from an Amazon vehicle accident, you need to take specific steps to protect your legal recovery.
Protect Your Rights at the Accident Scene
Immediately after a collision with an Amazon-branded vehicle, it is essential to:
- Call the police. The police will come to investigate the accident and make sure everyone gets medical help.
- Watch what you say at the accident scene. Do not apologize for the crash or admit fault.
- Get medical help. An accurate diagnosis can prevent future pain and medical complications. Additionally, a prompt diagnosis may help you prove that the crash caused your injuries.
- Collect as much evidence as possible. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and record the name and contact information of witnesses.
Many people make mistakes at the accident scene and go on to make successful recoveries. If your injuries prevented you from taking any of these actions, if you were too overwhelmed to do certain things, or if you simply didn’t act, you may still recover damages.
Work With an Experienced Lawyer to Make a Fair Recovery
Before you can recover compensation for your accident injuries, you must identify the right defendant. While the van or truck that caused your crash said Amazon on the side, it could be owned or driven by an independent contractor, or what Amazon calls a delivery service provider.
Our experienced Iowa truck accident lawyers will:
- Identify all of the possible defendants. There are several potential defendants, including but not limited to the van driver, the van owner, the van manufacturer, or the van maintenance provider. Before you identify the right defendant, you must find out what caused your crash. Tired, distracted, or inexperienced drivers, improperly loaded cargo, or van maintenance issues can all cause accidents, for example.
- Accurately assess the value of your injuries. Significant injuries such as brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, internal injuries, and other serious medical problems can result from a van crash.
- Take the necessary actions to negotiate a settlement or pursue your recovery in court. Your lawyer can make sure that all of these actions occur in a timely way to secure your fair compensation.
You have enough stress on your shoulders as you navigate your accident recovery. Let our experienced lawyers protect your legal rights and fight for your full recovery of healthcare costs, lost income, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other damages.
Call us or reach out to us through our website today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation about your rights and possible recovery.