The trauma of a motorcycle crash can cause your body to go into shock. Shock is a severe medical condition that requires treatment and may impact your motorcycle accident recovery.
Different Types of Shock
A motorcycle accident may cause:
- Hypovolemic shock. This type of shock occurs when a person loses blood quickly.
- Cardiogenic shock. Cardiogenic shock happens when a person’s heart is badly hurt and it can’t pump enough blood to vital organs.
- Neurogenic shock. Neurogenic shock follows significant spinal cord or nervous system injuries that result in irregular blood circulation.
All forms of shock are medical emergencies.
What Shock Does to the Body
When a person experiences shock, their organs and tissues do not receive enough blood flow to function normally. The resulting oxygen imbalance may damage organs and have lasting effects on mental health. Additionally, a person who experiences shock may not be able to feel other injuries due to numbness caused by insufficient blood flow. In these situations, some serious injuries may go undiagnosed until irreparable harm occurs.
Symptoms of shock include:
- Very low blood pressure
- Chest pain
- A rapid but faint pulse
- Rapid but shallow breathing
- Sweating profusely
- Feeling faint, dizzy, or light-headed
- Feeling anxious, agitated, or confused
- Clammy skin
- Blue lips and fingernails
Immediate medical attention is necessary to prevent serious or fatal complications.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Shock Injuries
After the emergency of your motorcycle accident shock has passed, you may begin to think about your legal recovery. When someone else causes your motorcycle accident, you may recover compensation for your past and future:
- Medical costs including ambulance transportation, hospitalizations, surgeries, medications, and doctors’ office visits
- Lost income for the time that you can’t work
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and emotional suffering
Now Is the Time to Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Don’t let another day go by wondering if you should file a motorcycle accident claim. Instead, contact the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys of Hupy and Abraham. Our motorcycle accident lawyers are also riders, and we are dedicated to helping you make a fair recovery for all of your motorcycle accident injuries.
Insurance companies know that we mean business and are often willing to settle our clients’ claims with us. Learn more about how we may be able to help you by contacting us to discuss your case, possible compensation, and our Win or It’s Free Guarantee.