When you’re a motorcycle rider, the winter can seem like it takes forever to go by. Many motorcyclists are often stuck inside and dreaming of their next ride. Since the weather is preventing you from taking your bike out on the road, you can do the next best thing, watch amazing motorcycle movies! Here’s a list of movies for riders, with something for everyone, to pass time until the spring:
- On Any Sunday – This documentary was created in 1971, and gives us a look at the origins of motorcycle racing and the racing community. It also features a look at the lives of iconic motorcyclists like Steve McQueen. The film was even nominated for an Academy Award, making it a must-see film for not only motorcycle riders, but everyone.
- Ghost Rider – For people more focused on action, Ghost Rider with Nicholas Cage is a fun film. The film follows Johnny Blaze, a motorcycle stuntman who becomes the hero from Marvel Comics, fighting bad guys and saving the day. With this movie, you can satisfy both your superhero and motorcycle fix.
- Wild Hogs – If you’re looking for a motorcycle comedy, this one is a great choice to watch. The film features John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, William H. Macy and Tim Allen as a group of guys on a motorcycle trip. Seeking out adventure, the group gets involved in crazy situations and hilarity ensues.
- The World’s Fastest Indian – In this movie, Anthony Hopkins plays Burt Munro, a man from New Zealand trying to set the world speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats with his 1920 Indian Motorcycle. This movie is based on Munro’s true story and is a great, heartwarming film for the entire family.
- Easy Rider – This film, while not for everybody, stars Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda as bikers taking a cross-country road trip in search of themselves and spiritual truth. The film explores a lot of issues that were prevalent in the 1960s and features an amazing soundtrack with songs like “Born to be Wild” and “The Weight.”
Even though it may be impossible to ride your bike now, watching these films may satisfy that motorcycle itch until riding season is here. If you’re looking for more than just films to watch, Hupy and Abraham has put together the Behind the Handlebars video series for riders like you. Behind the Handlebars features interviews with motorcyclists, racers, custom bike builders and more at the latest motorcycle events across the Midwest. You can check out the hundreds of Behind the Handlebars videos here.
Hupy and Abraham has been supporting riders for decades through sponsoring events and promoting motorcycle awareness and safety. The firm’s “Watch for Motorcycles” message aims to keep riders at top of mind for other drivers on the road.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, call Hupy and Abraham right away at 800-800-5678. We’ve fought for over 70,000 clients and received over $1 billion for their injuries.