The holiday season is here, and many people are stressed out about what gifts to give their friends and family throughout the month of December. Motorcycle riders are hard to pick out gifts for, especially if you’re not familiar with their riding lifestyle. From tools to accessories and new tech, there are many options out there to get the right gift for the motorcyclists in your life.
Here are five gifts that every rider would appreciate receiving this holiday season.
- Compact Tool Set: Tools can be a lifesaver if a rider encounters any mechanical problems on the road. Several companies make compact sets with a wide selection of tools that can help in almost every type of motorcycle mechanical problem that may arise on a ride. Many of these smaller tool kits come in small containers or are able to roll up into a bag, fitting in most saddlebags or a bike’s storage area. If you’re buying a kit for a Harley rider, purchase a standard SAE kit. Almost every other type of bike will use a metric kit.
- Bluetooth Communication System: If you’re looking for a gift for a rider that loves entertainment or goes on a lot of group rides, then a Bluetooth communication system will be a great option. With a Bluetooth system, riders can connect to their phone for calls, audio directions and music for hands-free entertainment and navigation on the road. A system like this can also connect to up to 15 other riders, making communication on group rides super easy. Many of these systems have the option to place speakers inside of a helmet or use earphones instead.
- Portable Jump Starter: With a dead battery, a motorcyclist is going to be stuck and unable to ride their bike. This can cause a huge issue if a battery dies in the middle of a trip. With a portable jump starter, a rider won’t have to worry about battery issues. Some jump starters are so small that they are able to be stored easily under a seat or in a saddlebag. Most portable jump starters will also hold enough charge to jump a bike at least four times, coming in handy on long road trips. This is the perfect gift to give a motorcyclist peace of mind on their ride.
- Locking Phone Mount: While some motorcyclists love the freedom of wandering the roads on an adventure, at some point they’ll have to get back home. To do that, most riders will use a navigation app on their phone. Securing a phone on a motorcycle is important for safety. Nobody wants to lose their phone or let loose a flying object to cause an accident or hurt someone nearby. A locking phone mount will solve that problem and keep a cellphone secure for any ride, no matter how many twists and turns there are. Many of these mounts will lock on to a bike’s handlebars and let the rider adjust the angle of the phone so they can see it with ease and keep it safe, making navigation a breeze.
- Compact Air Compressor: Safe motorcycle riding relies on correct tire pressure. Without the proper pressure in a bike’s tires, handling can be affected and accidents can happen. With a compact air compressor, a motorcyclist won’t have to worry about finding a gas station to fill up a low tire or becoming stranded on the side of the road due to low tire pressure. Plugging into a bike’s battery charging harness powers a compact air compressor, letting riders fill up their tires to the proper pressure from anywhere. Small enough to fit in a motorcycle's storage space, these air compressors are definitely something that every rider will appreciate.
No matter which of these gifts you buy for a rider this holiday season, all of them are practical and a motorcyclist will appreciate any one of them. Many of these gifts will help with convenience and safety on a ride, helping to keep a rider out of harm's way. If you have any questions about other possible gifts, head on down to your local motorcycle shop for an expert opinion.
Everyone at Hupy and Abraham would like to wish you a happy holiday season. Hupy and Abraham, S.C. has been promoting safety and motorcycle awareness for decades. The firm is an advocate for motorcycle riders, promoting the “Watch for Motorcycles” campaign, which helps save riders’ lives. Stay tuned to HUPY.COM to remain updated on motorcycle articles, safety tips, videos and upcoming events.
If you’re injured on the road, Hupy and Abraham is here for you. We’ve helped over 70,000 clients receive over $1 billion for their injuries. Call 800-800-5678 or visit HUPY.COM today so we can help you.