Your life has been changed by someone else. Someone else’s negligent actions—or inactions—caused an accident, which in turn caused your brain injury. You are already suffering enough from the physical and emotional consequences of your injury.
And You May Suffer Financially Unless You Take Action
Neither the person who hurt you nor his insurer is unlikely to provide you with fair financial compensation for your brain injury unless you pursue a legal recovery. If you hire an experienced personal injury attorney to help you pursue a fair recovery, then you should expect that your attorney will:
- File a complaint in court. This is the official start of your brain injury lawsuit.
- Gather evidence during the discovery phase of your lawsuit. This may include things such as depositions, interrogatories, and requests for production of documents.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Settlement negotiations may continue after a lawsuit has been filed.
- File the appropriate motions in court and prepare for trial. Your legal rights will be protected so that you can have your day in court if a settlement cannot be reached.
- Fight for your fair and just recovery throughout litigation. This may include damages such as past and future medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering, and other costs.
Filing a lawsuit does not have to take a lot of your time and should not cause additional stress. Instead, you can be assured that someone is fighting for you and protecting you while you focus on your physical recovery.
You’ve suffered enough. Do not let uncertainty or fear keep you from pursuing justice. Instead, start a live chat with us today and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced lawyers so that we can talk about protecting your future.