As an avid motorcycle rider in Wisconsin, you know that you have to be a skilled, attentive, and smart rider to avoid a serious accident that could leave you injured or killed. However, despite your precautions, you are still at risk if the driver of a car or truck chooses to speed, drive drunk, or read a text on their cellphone behind the wheel. And when then do, you need an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Wausau to protect your right to recovery.
If another driver's negligence or carelessness causes a crash that leaves you seriously injured in Wisconsin, you are entitled to compensation for your damages, but you will need help to get the full recovery you deserve. Our Wausau motorcycle accident attorney stands behind bikers, and we will fight for you.
Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Wausau
If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be wondering whether or not you need to hire a lawyer. In most cases, the answer is yes. Here's why:
- You may be entitled to compensation. If you've been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident that wasn't your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Wausau, WI, will know how to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible.
- Insurance companies are not on your side. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, not paying out claims. They will do everything they can to minimize the amount they have to pay you. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will level the playing field and make sure you're getting the compensation you deserve.
- Motorcycle accidents are often complex. Motorcycle accidents in Wisconsin often involve complex issues of liability. An experienced bike crash lawyer in Wausau will be able to navigate the legal complexities and build a strong case on your behalf.
If you've been involved in a bike crash in Central Wisconsin, it's important to hire an experienced Wausau motorcycle accident lawyer who can help you get the compensation you deserve. Don't try to go it alone against the insurance companies. Let a qualified lawyer fight for you.
When You Should Call a Bike Crash Attorney
The sooner you hire an experienced attorney to represent you after a motorcycle crash, the better. Not only will your lawyer take over the case so that you can focus on your recovery, but they will also have a better chance of preserving evidence, preventing mistakes that could jeopardize the case, and increasing the value of the claim. In Wisconsin, you technically have three years from the date of the accident to settle your injury claim or file a lawsuit. However, we don't recommend waiting that long to take action because your chances of success shrink the longer you wait.
What Happens if I'm At-Fault for a Motorcycle Crash?
What to Look for in a Wausau Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can be complex, and it's important to find an attorney who has experience handling this type of case. Here are three things to look for when choosing a Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney:
- Experience. When looking for a motorcycle accident attorney in Wasusau, WI, you'll want to find someone who has experience handling this type of case. Motorcycle accidents can be complicated, and you'll want an attorney who knows how to navigate the process and get you the compensation you deserve. Look for an attorney who has successfully handled motorcycle accident cases in the past and who has a track record of success.
- Accessibility. Another important thing to look for in a bike wreck attorney is accessibility. You should be able to get in touch with your attorney when you need to and have your calls and emails returned in a timely manner. You shouldn't have to wait days or weeks to hear back from your attorney. When you're dealing with an injury, the last thing you want is to feel like you're being ignored by your own legal team.
- Compassion. Finally, you'll want to find an attorney who is compassionate and understanding. Your attorney should be someone you feel comfortable talking to about what happened and who will treat you with respect. Look for an attorney who makes you feel like they're on your side and who is invested in getting you the best possible outcome for your case.
If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, finding the right lawyer is important. Make sure to choose an experienced attorney who is accessible and compassionate. With the right lawyer on your side, you'll have a much better chance of getting the compensation you deserve.
How to Find a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Near Me
After a motorcycle crash, you may be feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do next. One of the most important steps you can take is to choose the right lawyer to represent you. Here are some tips on how to find a motorcycle crash lawyer who will best suit your needs.
Do Your Research
If you decide that you need an attorney, it is important to do your research in order to find the best one for your case. Start by asking family and friends for referrals. Once you have a few names, you can look up each lawyer online and read reviews from previous clients. It is also a good idea to check with your state bar association to make sure the lawyers you are considering are in good standing. Learn more about what Hupy and Abraham has to offer by browsing our website.
Set Up Consultations
After narrowing down your list of potential lawyers, set up consultations with each one. This is usually a free consultation where the lawyer will ask about the details of your case and give you their professional opinion on whether or not they can help you. Be sure to ask each lawyer about their experience handling motorcycle accident cases as well as their success rate in court.
Make Your Decision
After meeting with each lawyer, it's time to make your decision. Choose the lawyer who you feel most comfortable with and who seems most knowledgeable about motorcycle accident law. Keep in mind that the lawyer with the most TV commercials and billboards isn't necessarily the best choice—you want someone who will work hard on your behalf and get you the compensation you deserve.
Choosing the right Wausau motorcycle crash lawyer is an important decision that should not be taken lightly. By following these steps, you can be sure that you are finding the best possible representation for your case.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Bike Accident Lawyer?
You have already lost so much. The thought of paying a lawyer to help you file an insurance claim with the at-fault party might seem like you will be giving up even more. However, the reality is that having a lawyer on your side will significantly increase the value of your claim. Even better—when you work with our Wausau motorcycle accident lawyer after a bike wreck, you will only have to pay us if we are able to win your case.
If your case is unsuccessful, you will not owe us anything. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we get paid a percentage of your settlement once the case is concluded. We will be transparent from day one about what we think your case is worth and what our fee will be when the case is over. So, you truly have nothing to lose and everything to gain by working with our team.
Contact Hupy and Abraham in Wausau Today!
Your Wausau motorcycle accident attorney handles these kinds of injury cases on a daily basis and will take all of the necessary steps to ensure the best possible outcome for your claim. To learn more about how a personal injury case works in Wisconsin or about your own recovery, please contact us online or call us directly at 1-800-800-5678 to schedule your own free consultation.