Love is in the air and Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Candles, flowers and alcohol are nice gestures, but they also can be dangerous in certain situations. Simple errors are all it takes for you to find yourself in a safety issue on February 14. This Valentine’s Day, the experienced lawyers at Hupy and Abraham, S.C. want you to have wonderful day, while still staying safe.
- Always check flowers you receive are not poisonous or harmful to pets.
- Trim off thorns on roses or any other thorn-stemmed flowers before displaying where pets can reach them.
- Hide all chocolate so it is not accessible to pets when they are unattended.
Candle and Fire Safety
- Check smoke detectors are working properly.
- Blow out candles before leaving a room and do not leave them burning unattended.
- Do not place clothing or blankets near the open flames of a candle or fireplace.
- Inspect your fireplace and chimney before using.
- Plan ahead and make sure you have a safe ride home before going out.
While we cannot ensure that you will be with the love of your life this Valentine’s Day, these tips can help keep you safe, whatever your plans.
In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one has suffered an injury this Valentine’s Day, it is important that you contact an experienced personal injury attorney right away. Please call us at 800-800-5678 for a free consultation or start a live chat with us anytime.