If you or a loved one has been injured in a bike crash in Illinois, it may be in your best interest to hire an attorney. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Rockford, IL, can help you navigate the complicated legal process and ensure you get a fair settlement while your rights stay protected throughout your case.
Keep reading below to learn more about how a Rockford motorcycle accident lawyer can help you collect the compensation you or your loved ones deserve.
What Does a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do?
Bike accidents can be complex. That is why hiring a motorcycle wreck lawyer is important for your case. Motorcycle accident lawyers are hired to help injured riders get the compensation they deserve for their injuries and losses. They can handle all aspects of your claim to eliminate stress so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
There are many things that a motorcycle accident lawyer in Rockford, IL, can do that can get you the full settlement amount you deserve, such as:
- Explain your legal rights and provide guidance throughout your case
- Build a strong, solid case based on the evidence they collected, such as police reports, medical reports, witness testimony, photos and video from the accident scene, and more
- Identify the liable party who is responsible for the accident and your injuries
- Calculate the value of your case to determine the amount of recovery you are entitled to receive
- Keep you updated throughout the entire legal process
- Negotiate with insurers on your behalf, so you are not forced to settle your claim quickly and for the least amount of money possible
- Represent you in court and fight for your fair recovery
Reasons Why You Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Rockford
When you hire an experienced Rockford motorcycle accident lawyer, the stress of negotiating your claim with an insurance company is lifted and the more likely you are to get a fair settlement amount.
There are many benefits of hiring a bike accident lawyer rather than handling the case on your own, such as:
- Valuing your claim. An attorney will value your claim and get you compensated for damages such as lost income, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and any out-of-pocket expenses.
- Protecting your recovery. Motorcycle accident victims are more likely to get a higher settlement amount if they use an attorney than if they settle on their own.
- Avoiding mistakes. Costly mistakes can be avoided if using a lawyer since they are aware of the required deadlines for filing a claim. If you do not file your claim within the statute of limitations in Illinois, it will be dismissed, and you will not be able to pursue a claim.
Since you only have one chance to make a fair recovery once your case is settled, hiring an experienced Rockford motorcycle accident lawyer can give you the best chance of a favorable outcome.
When Should I Call a Motorcycle Crash Attorney?
Motorcycle crashes can result in serious injuries. First and foremost, if you've been hurt in a bike accident, you should seek medical attention immediately, even if you don't think you've suffered significant injuries. Sometimes, injuries don't present themselves to the naked eye or right after the crash. So, seeing a doctor is the most important thing you can do.
The next most important thing to do, once you've been assessed by a medical professional, is to contact a skilled motorcycle accident attorney in Rockford that has experience specifically with these types of cases. As we've mentioned before, not all attorneys are the same. Some personal injury lawyers may have little to no experience with motorcycle accidents. And that's ok, they may have more experience with slip and falls or car wrecks. However, you wouldn't want to hire that unexperienced attorney.
At Hupy and Abraham, not only have our motorcycle accident lawyers been in business for over 70 years, but we are riders, too. Our attorneys love getting out on the open road, but also know just how scary it can be to be involved in an accident when on a bike. This makes us uniquely qualified to represent you or your loved one.
How to Find the Best Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Rockford
There are many ways to find the best motorcycle accident lawyer in Rockford to use for your case. Doing research online is a good starting point and can help you identify possible lawyers to use for your case. In addition to searching for lawyers online, you can ask friends, family, or coworkers for referrals of lawyers they may have used in the past. Another way to identify potential lawyers for your case is to consider using a lawyer you know personally or used previously for another legal matter.
Once you have identified potential bike injury attorneys for your case, the next step is meeting with each of them. You will want to schedule a free consultation to meet with them so you can ask questions. The answers to your questions and your gut feeling should help you find a Rockford motorcycle accident lawyer that you feel comfortable talking to and will best match your specific needs.
What You Should Look for in a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
When considering a lawyer to hire for your motorcycle accident case, you may want to use a lawyer who has the following traits:
- Is a motorcycle rider and understands the rights of riders
- Provides a free, initial consultation to discuss your case
- Has experience with motorcycle accident cases and a proven record of wins
- Has the skills and experience to negotiate with insurance companies and will fight for your rights and a fair settlement
- Is willing to take your case to trial if it cannot be settled with the insurer
Most law firms have websites that contain helpful information about their lawyers and firm. This information can be used to help make your decision on what lawyer to choose for your case.
Other Factors to Consider When Looking for an Experienced Bike Crash Attorney
- Case results give examples of what settlements other motorcycle accident victims have been awarded for their cases.
- Awards and accolades provide information on how the community rates a certain lawyer or a law firm and show what types of recognition they have received. Hupy and Abraham have been voted and rated best by their clients and community.
- Reviews and testimonials from past clients (like the one below) demonstrate the level of satisfaction others have with the lawyers for their specific cases.
Questions to Ask a Potential Motorcycle Injury Lawyer
Asking the right questions during your consultation can make all the difference in determining which attorney is best for your unique case. As we've said before, all cases are different, but below are some of the most important questions you should ask during a consult with a Rockford motorcycle injury lawyer.
- How long have you been practicing law and do you have experience with motorcycle accident cases?
- What types of settlements have you won for past motorcycle clients?
- Do you work on a contingency?
- Who would handle my case and answer my questions?
- What challenges do you see with my case?
- Would you be able to represent me if my case goes to court?
- How long do I have to file a lawsuit?
How to Hire the Best Rockford Motorcycle Accident Attorney
You might be surprised to learn that hiring a motorcycle injury lawyer is more affordable than you may think. Many lawyers offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and work on a contingency fee basis, so there is no payment unless your case is settled.
When you hire a lawyer who works on contingency and does not collect fees upfront, they are more likely to only accept your motorcycle accident cases if there is a good chance to win it. Since the fee is based on your settlement amount, your attorney will want to do their best to get you the compensation you deserve so that they get paid as well.
You will want to make sure that the lawyer takes time to review the contingency fee agreement with you, so you are aware of the amount of payment expected once your case settles. A trusted lawyer will be willing to explain every detail, so you do not have any confusion with the payment arrangement. If your case is not settled, there may not be payment expected, but there may be administration fees left to pay.
Contact Our Experienced Rockford Bike Accident Lawyer for a Free Consult
If you or a loved one were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our experienced motorcycle injury lawyers at Hupy and Abraham for a free consultation. We have a Win or Its Free Guarantee, meaning you do not pay us anything unless we win your case. We are one of the top motorcycle accident firms in the country and will go above and beyond to win your case. To set up a confidential appointment, fill out our convenient contact form online or call us at 1-800-800-5678.