There is no doubt, almost all car accidents will ruin your day. Often times, you will find yourself having to spend an excessive amount of time dealing with insurance claims and repairs. This brings a great deal of confusion and many questions that you need to answer quickly.
- Who is going to pay for my injuries?
- Who is going to pay for the damages to my vehicle?
- Who is responsible for my potential future medical costs?
- How will I recoup my lost wages?
Your challenges become even more broad and difficult if you are injured in an accident and you are not at fault. Seeking the help of personal injury lawyers at Hupy and Abraham ensures that you understand your legal responsibilities and rights. Taking this step can be overwhelming, but will help you stay protected every step of the way.
You may not require legal representation if your case is simple. You can usually handle your claim on your own when:
- Injuries are minor.
- Little property damage has been reported.
- No medical expenses have been incurred.
- The police report or injury report clearly states who was at fault for your injury.
If and when the details of your accident become more complicated, you may need the assistance of an experienced attorney. Attorneys have extensive knowledge of the law and can be a major asset to your case.
You should hire a personal injury attorney after being in a car accident, when:
- It is unclear who was at fault for the accident.
- The accident caused a serious or fatal injury.
- Your injuries required long-term care.
- Your vehicle suffered significant damage or was a total loss.
- The accident involved motorists or cyclists.
- Facing financial hardship following the accident.
- The accident happened in a construction zone or other protected area.
- The insurance company won’t provide compensation or compensation is insufficient.
- The insurance company is pressuring you.
All that being said, you may be wondering how a personal injury attorney can help? There are many ways we can assist you.
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Getting copies of all medical bills and medical records.
- Helping to determine if you have coverage under your own car or health insurance that will kick in, if an uninsured motorist hurts you.
- Helping you understand the medical coverage you have and your options to recover expenses that exceed your coverage from both your health and car insurance policies.
- Guiding you through the process of understanding what your realistic options are.
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Representing you at trial.
At Hupy and Abraham, our goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve. In the process, we strive to reduce the uncertainties that you are experiencing, so that you can focus on your health. Even if you are not sure if you have a case, we encourage you to contact one of our experienced personal injury attorneys with any questions you may have. To start a live chat with us, please go to hupy.com or call 800-800-5678 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.