- Don’t drink and drive. Designate a driver instead, or utilize Safe Ride if at a participating location!
- Watch for Motorcycles! There will be many on the road, especially during the Rally.
- Allow enough time for travel and avoid excessive speeding.
- Eliminate all distracting driving activities, especially using cellphones and mobile devices.
- Remain alert for other (potentially intoxicated) drivers and drive defensively.
Remember, even if you aren’t a drinker, chances are good that someone else at the lake is. Be conscientious of individuals with impaired judgment who may be in or near swimming areas. On the water remember to:
- Check weather and water conditions before and throughout the day.
- Always swim with a buddy in designated swimming areas supervised by a lifeguard.
- Constantly supervise any children in or near the water.
- Provide young children and inexperienced swimmers with Coast Guard-approved life jackets.
If grilling is a part of your planed festivities, please observe the following to enjoy a safe cookout for you and those you are celebrating with. When grilling please be sure to:
- Keep the grill away from the house, tree branches or anything that could catch fire.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill.
- Avoid the use of charcoal starter or lighter fluid once coals have already ignited.
- Keep your grill clean after every use.
- Keep a spray water bottle handy for flare-ups.
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Hupy and Abraham hope that with these tips in mind, you and your family have a safe and fun-filled Labor Day weekend. For an even safer weekend, you can get a FREE Watch for Motorcycles sticker HERE to help protect riders, especially during the busy Milwaukee Rally. Or, get a FREE DNT TXT N DRV sticker to help remind drivers to avoid distractions on the roadways!
And in the event that you or a loved one are injured due to the negligence of someone else this Labor Day weekend, please contact Hupy and Abraham. Call us at 800-800-5678, or start a live chat with us now at Hupy.com.