Home to Summerfest, the world’s largest music festival, Milwaukee and its summer festivals draw thousands of people from around the country. As soon as the weather warms, the city fills close to bursting with people attending the dozens of vibrant arts, entertainment and cultural festivals.
Hupy and Abraham attends and sponsors many of these festivals, plus other community events throughout the summer. You’ll be able to find us promoting our DNT TXT N DRV and Watch For Motorcycles campaigns at many on the events on the list. Follow our events calendar to find out where we’ll be next.
Though whatever festival piques your interest, the personal injury attorneys of Hupy and Abraham would like to remind you to take proper safety precautions when attending these very public events, often filled with alcohol and young pedestrians. Some may even be attending music festivals beyond Milwaukee where, unlike Summerfest, one may even find themselves camping out for a weekend, where even greater safety measures should be taken.
The following are a few tips from the Milwaukee personal injury attorneys of Hupy and Abraham to ensure that you and your family have a fun and safe festival experience.
- Plan ahead. Remember that some festivals like Summerfest or Festa Italiana won’t let you bring in large bags and many vendors require cash. Limit purses to small over-the-shoulder bags and bring cash in small bills to avoid long lines and ATMs. Then, aside from a phone, do not bring ANY electronics or items of value.
- Establish a meeting place. In case you are separated, always establish a meeting place and a “check-in” time to touch base with friends or family during the festival. If your chosen festival is of the camping variety, then be sure to invest in a decent tent and establish it as a “home base” for your group.
- Dress for the occasion. Summer festivals can get pretty hot, but remember that when night falls and concerts get rowdy, you’ll wish you had a light sweater and closed-toe shoes. As well, avoid cancer-causing sunburn and make sure you apply high SPF sunscreen throughout the day, even if it seems overcast.
- Imbibe with care. Drinking, especially in Milwaukee, will likely be included or even featured at many summer festivals. Never leave drinks unattended. Remember to never drink and drive, especially with the numerous shuttle services that are available to choose from. And always remember to be courteous to those around you by knowing your limits. With the combination of heat, alcohol and crowds, it’s surprisingly easy to overdo it and ruin your experience.
- Remain patient and considerate. Festivals are busy places, so don't be irritated by being pushed or someone stepping on your toes. There will be lines, slow-moving crowds and out-of-towners meandering. If camping, don’t be afraid to make friends with your neighbors. You can keep an eye on each other's tents and belongings. Finally, watch out for your friends and respect the venues’ rules so that everyone can remain safe.
Hupy and Abraham hopes you have a great festival experience, and that you’ll stop by our booth for a free T-shirt, Watch For Motorcycles sticker, or just say ‘Hi’ to our street team.But if for any reason you are injured by the negligence of an intoxicated festival-goer, or unsafe security measures, you should contact a personal injury attorney like Hupy and Abraham. If you have any questions, call 800-800-5678 for a free consultation.