Life is more complicated after an accident injury. Your physical pain, emotional suffering, and doctors’ appointments interfere with your daily activities, and your financial losses may be significant.
Pursuing a fair recovery should make your life easier rather than harder, and our experienced Wisconsin, Iowa, and Illinois personal injury lawyers are here to help you every step of the way.
Pursue a Personal Injury Case from the Comfort of Your Home
You don’t need to leave your home to pursue a personal injury settlement or recover fair compensation for your injuries. Some of our clients are unable or hesitant to come to our office because of their accident injuries, the pandemic, or other reasons, and that’s okay—it doesn’t hurt their cases. Our personal injury attorneys can handle your entire case by phone, email, and video meetings.
How a Personal Injury Case Works When You Hire Hupy and Abraham
After you contact our office, our personal injury legal team will complete a free comprehensive case evaluation. When you decide to hire us, you can expect your case to work as follows:
- We will begin assessing damage and liability. Our lawyers, investigators, and legal staff will carefully review what happened and determine who may be liable for your accident injuries.
- You will continue medical treatment until you’ve reached the point of maximum medical improvement. At that point, our legal team will finish assessing the value of your case.
- We will negotiate with the right insurance companies. Insurance companies know that we mean business, which often makes them more willing to provide our clients with fair settlement offers.
- The insurance company will present a preliminary offer. You may have a limited time to respond to this offer.
- We will advise you about the benefits and costs of accepting the insurance offer or filing a lawsuit. If you reject the offer, then we will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Legal discovery will occur. Interrogatories, depositions, and requests for the production of documents may provide additional insight into liability and damages. We will gather all of the evidence that you need to make a fair recovery.
- We will engage in mediation. A third-party mediator will meet with both parties to try to negotiate a settlement.
- Our legal team will prepare for trial. If mediation does not result in a settlement, then we will prepare your case for trial while continuing to try to settle your claim. Our cases often settle for fair compensation, but some cases go to trial, and we will be ready to represent you.
- Your case will go to trial if a settlement was not reached. Our experienced litigators will try your case in court and a verdict will be reached. We will make the process as easy as possible for you.
- A Hupy and Abraham settlement specialist will handle your recovery. The settlement specialist will pay medical bills and liens. Reductions to your medical bills and liens will be requested to maximize the money that ends up in your bank account.
- You receive a settlement statement and check. You will receive a digital settlement statement to sign and send back to our office. Once the settlement is finalized, we will send you a check in the mail.
Three Tips for a Stress-Free Personal Injury Case
Our experienced Midwest personal injury law firm will handle the day-to-day stress of settlement negotiations and litigation for you. However, there are three things that you can do to make sure that you are treated fairly:
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. You only have a limited time to file a personal injury case in Wisconsin, Iowa, or Illinois. If you file your case after the state statute of limitations expires, then you may not make a legal recovery.
- Don’t talk to the insurance adjuster alone. The insurance adjuster wants to pay you as little as possible for your accident injuries. Don’t risk your fair recovery by talking directly with the adjuster. Instead, let the insurance company know that you are represented by counsel and that all communication should be directed to your lawyer.
- Follow your doctor’s advice. Failing to follow recommended medical treatment could hurt your physical and legal recoveries.
Start the Settlement Process by Contacting Our Personal Injury Law Office
The entire personal injury accident legal process begins when you contact Hupy and Abraham. You can reach us any time—24/7/365. Please start a live chat with us, call us at 1-800-800-5678, or complete our contact form to have us contact you.