Thanksgiving is nearly here and driving safely during the holiday is crucial, especially with increased traffic. Here are some tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable journey:
- Plan ahead: Check the route, road conditions and weather forecasts before your trip. Plan for possible delays and consider different routes.
- Perform a maintenance check on your vehicle: Before you hit the road, perform a check of your vehicle’s engine, fluids, headlights, windshield wipers, brakes, turn signals and tires.
- Buckle up: Ensure everyone in the car wears seat belts, regardless of their seating position. Double-check children’s car seats to make sure they’re properly installed.
- Avoid distractions: Keep your focus on the road. Avoid texting, calling or any activities that could divert your attention. If you need to use GPS or attend to something, pull over safely.
- Take breaks: If you’re driving a long distance, schedule regular breaks to rest and stretch. Driver fatigue can be dangerous, so switch drivers if possible.
Injured in an Accident?
In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one is injured this winter, please contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Hupy and Abraham for a free consultation at 800-800-5678 or start a live chat with us anytime at Hupy.com.