Festivals, public events, restaurants, bars and concerts (and recently, the Milwaukee Bucks Deer District) can all draw massive crowds, which can be dangerous if you are not aware of your surroundings. Hupy and Abraham wants you to be safe in a crowd and aware of your surroundings. Remember the following 10 tips to stay safe in public.
- Identify all exits and make a plan in case of emergency as to how you will leave.
- Move with the crowd, while zigzagging to the outside, if caught in the middle of a crowd.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing or accessories that could be pulled or tangled.
- Walk around a crowd instead of pushing through it, if possible.
- Wear shoes that are not likely to fall off or make you trip.
- Drink water before the event or bring a water bottle with you.
- Charge your phone and keep it secured on you.
- Create a plan before the event where to meet with your friends in case someone gets separated.
- Research the event beforehand and stay aware of the layout of the event.
- Note suspicious activity. Don’t be afraid to report suspicious packages or people.
If you are injured at an event, call Hupy and Abraham at 800-800-5678 to get a free consultation at one of our 11 offices located throughout Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa.