Dear Hupy and Abraham,
On behalf of the 10,000 children and families served annually by COA Youth & Family Centers, thank you for your generous donation in sponsorship of the 2015 Skyline Music Series. Thanks to your support, COA is able to continue serving children, strengthening families, and building community through a variety of center- and community- based programs:
- COA sends more low income children to camp on scholarship than any other camping program in the state, and offers more Family Camps than any other camp in the nation. Our 109-year legacy of sending city kids to camp continues!
- COA’s parental engagement programs provide lasting, positive academic impact by establishing an everyday “habit” of parental involvement in education.
- COA’s family and parenting programs are the largest and longest serving in the area. The success and huge demand for these programs has led COA to establish a second Family Resource Center at our COA Goldin Center.
- COA’s after school, weekend, and summer youth programs at 10 locations citywide provide academic help together with arts, sports and a wide range of engaging activities.
- COA and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin created a new primary, preventative healthcare clinic inside COA’s Goldin Center, which provides access to much-needed healthcare services and wrap-around health and wellness programming.
Our commitment to providing quality programs is supported by our commitment to financial efficiency and transparency. Ninety cents for every dollar raised at COA goes directly to support programs. For nine consecutive years, Charity Navigator, a national evaluator of nonprofit organizations, has awarded COA its highest 4-Star rating for financial efficiency and governance. This distinction is help by only one percent of nonprofits nationally.
We appreciate your support. Again, thank you for investing in Milwaukee’s children and families.
Sincerely,Thomas P. Schneider