Advancements in motorcycle technology are happening at a fast rate and it can be hard to keep up with all the new gadgets for your bike. Staying up to date with all the latest tech products can help you maintain your safety while on the road. From new safety gear to tech that makes your riding more efficient, there are many innovative products that are built for riders.
Here are five gadgets you need to know about to help you stay safe while riding:
- Dual-Dash Cam System – Dash camera systems on a motorcycle work the same way as they do in a car. Several camera systems are made that can be placed on both the front of your bike and the rear. Footage of every ride you take is recorded. Some camera systems even provide statistics such as your speed, route taken and more after your ride is complete. The footage and data can be used to analyze your riding or be used as evidence if you were involved in an accident. If you plan on contacting an attorney like Hupy and Abraham to handle your motorcycle accident case, having evidence is extremely important because it can help you get all the money you deserve for your injuries.
- Smart Turning System – Many motorcycles, especially older ones, don’t have self-canceling turn signals. Riders have a lot to focus on while on the road and sometimes forget to turn off their turn signals after taking a turn. By installing a smart turning system to your motorcycle, you won’t have to worry since your turn signals self-cancel after a turn. This piece of tech helps you focus on riding and guides those around you to know where your bike is headed.
- Motorcycle Airbag Jacket – This piece of safety gear can be a lifesaver. After a crash, the jacket will detect the collision and inflate using a mechanical trigger. Internal airbags will auto-inflate to protect vulnerable parts on your body and neck and help you avoid injury. This is a great piece of motorcycle tech that provides extra safety measures compared to normal motorcycle gear and armor.
- Smart Brake Module – Sometimes when you’re riding, you don’t need to hit the brake to slow down, using your engine to brake instead. A potential problem is that your brake lights don’t illuminate, making you more vulnerable to being rear-ended since a vehicle behind you may not realize you are slowing down. The smart braking device makes your taillights illuminate when you let off the throttle and brake with your engine instead of using your front and/or rear brakes. The module helps ensure your safety by helping prevent rear-end accidents by a vehicle that wouldn’t normally see that you’re slowing down.
- Communication Headset – While you’re riding, having your full attention on the road is of the utmost importance. Having a Bluetooth communication headset that is hands-free will let you focus on the road, since everything can be controlled by your voice. With a Bluetooth headset, you can communicate with other riders in your group, listen to your favorite tunes and get GPS directions to get to your destination with ease.
All of these motorcycle gadgets will help make your ride safer and more efficient. Hupy and Abraham, S.C. has helped motorcyclists for decades by promoting safety and awareness for all riders. The firm’s “Watch for Motorcycles” message helps keep motorcyclists at the top of mind for drivers on the road. The message is spread through TV advertisements, billboards, stickers, events and more.
Sometimes you can do everything to help keep you safe, but the unthinkable still happens. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, call Hupy and Abraham right away at 800-800-5678 so we can start working to get you every dollar you deserve for your injury. We’ve helped over 70,000 people receive more than $1 billion for their injuries.