It is fall harvest season. If you drive on any country road, you are likely to see farm equipment sharing the roadway. Many of these machines weigh more than any other vehicle on the road. If you are in an accident with one of these large farm machines, there is a good chance that you will sustain serious injury.
It can be difficult to determine liability in Wisconsin farm vehicle accidents. You will need to take immediate steps to protect your accident claim. Here are some tips from our Madison vehicle accident lawyers:
- Call 911. Ask the officer who comes to the scene to file an accident report.
- Get immediate medical treatment for your injuries. Follow your doctor’s instructions, and keep copies of any paperwork.
- Get the other driver’s contact information.
- Use your cell phone to take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and the damage to your vehicle.
- Write down everything you can remember about the accident while the events are fresh in your mind. The memory of the accident will fade over time and you may forget important details. Include information such as the time of day, the weather, and anything you remember about the events leading up to the crash.
- Contact a Madison accident attorney with experience in farm equipment crashes. Call Hupy and Abraham at 888-277-4879 to schedule a free consultation.