If you are expecting a baby later this year, then the summer may be a wonderful time to take a road trip with your family or friends. However, it is normal to feel a little anxious about being far away from your doctors and your question seems to indicate that you are planning ahead just in case there is a car crash on Interstate 80, Interstate 74, or Interstate 280 in the Quad Cities area of Iowa or Illinois.

You Are Already Being a Good Mom

Planning ahead and staying one step in front of any possible catastrophe is a useful parenting skill. Accordingly, you are asking the right question. If you are hurt in a Quad Cities area crash, or any other accident that is far from your home, then you may want to:

  • Make sure that first responders know that you are pregnant and how far along you are in your pregnancy.
  • Get medical help at the closest hospital.
  • Be in touch with your regular doctor or midwife.
  • Call a relative or friend to be with you during this difficult time.

You can’t live in a bubble during pregnancy and you can’t avoid all risks. However, if you know what to do if you are hurt, then an accident can be a little less frightening. For more information about what to do if you’re in a crash during your pregnancy please download a FREE copy of our Accident Assistance Guide to keep in your glove box. It may be of assistance to you on a road trip or close to home.

Jason F. Abraham
Connect with me
Managing Partner, Hupy and Abraham