An attorney can help you at each stage of your claim—from your first question after you are hurt until your recovery is secured and deposited in your bank account.
Six Ways a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Specifically, a personal injury lawyer can:
- Make sure that all of your questions are answered. The first step in a personal case is not filing a complaint in court, but rather getting your questions answered. Do you have a case? What could you recover if you do you have a case? What is the legal recovery process like? Your lawyer will answer all of these questions—and more—so that you can make an informed decision.
- Protect your rights. It is important to begin protecting your legal rights immediately after an accident. An attorney can advise you on what to do and what not to do so that you can’t accidently hurt your case.
- Investigate your claim. You will need evidence to resolve your claim. That evidence can be difficult to get without an attorney requesting it in a way that compels others to give you the information that you need.
- Represent you in settlement negotiations. Many personal injury cases are settled outside of court. However, insurance companies are not working for you and, instead, want you to accept as little as possible so that they can maximize their profits. An attorney can negotiate on your behalf and help you get the recovery that you deserve.
- Represent you in court. If your case does go to court then your attorney can comply with all of the court rules and zealously advocate for your fair recovery.
- Secure your recovery. Once a recovery is negotiated or ordered by the court, your attorney will make sure that you get the money that you are owed.
You can have all of the benefits without paying attorney’s fees out of pocket. Instead, the experienced lawyers of Hupy and Abraham will take your case on a contingency fee basis. That means that we are paid a percentage of your settlement or court verdict.
If you have any questions about what an attorney can do for you or about how a personal injury lawsuit works, then we encourage you to contact us for a free and confidential consultation at your convenience. You can reach us at any time of day via this website or by phone.