It may seem like the choices are overwhelming. A simple internet search, for example, can provide you with the names of many different local lawyers who represent motorcycle accident victims. Technically, any lawyer who is licensed to practice law in Iowa can represent you in an Iowa motorcycle injury case. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t important differences between the lawyers.
How to Find the Right Motorcycle Injury Lawyer for You
There isn’t one lawyer who is right for everyone. As you think about your choices, consider:
- How much an attorney knows about riding. An attorney who is also an avid motorcyclist can provide valuable insight into your case. Many of our lawyers are passionate riders who understand the enjoyment and the risks of riding.
- An attorney’s experience representing people who have been hurt in motorcycle crashes. Motorcycle accidents are different from car crashes and other types of personal injury cases. Therefore, you want to work with a lawyer who has represented motorcycle accident victims before. We regularly represent motorcyclists and are experienced in this area of the law.
- What other people think about the lawyer. You can look at client testimonials and on independent sets such as Avvo.com for reviews on a specific attorney. We are proud of the relationships we have with former clients and with colleagues. We invite you to browse our testimonials or look us up on Avvo.com or other sites to learn what they think about us.
- Whether the lawyer is willing to go to trial to protect your rights. If the lawyer is only willing to negotiate a settlement, then you can’t be sure that your fair recovery will be protected. We aren’t afraid to go to trial and insurance companies know that.
- The firm’s policy and procedures for communicating with clients. A common complaint among clients is that they do not hear back from their lawyers in a timely manner. However, at Hupy and Abraham, our lawyers make client communication a priority.
You have a lot at stake and the right lawyer can help you protect your fair recovery. If you would like to schedule a free consultation with us in any of our Iowa offices, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, or Quad Cities, or at a location of your choice, please contact us at any time. We would be happy to answer your questions and to get to know you so that you can decide for yourself whether one of our lawyers may be the right motorcycle accident injury lawyer for you.