Yes, if your loved one was hurt by the abuse or negligence of nursing home staff, then she could benefit from working with an experienced nursing home abuse attorney.
You understandably want to know how a nursing home abuse lawyer can help before you encourage your loved one to work with an attorney. We suggest that you work with an experienced lawyer because:
- You can’t trust the nursing home to do the right thing. The nursing home, its parent company, and its insurer want to pay as little as possible in damages and they do not want to admit fault. Accordingly, they may not treat you fairly. They may not provide requested evidence and they may not pay fair damages unless they are persuaded to do so by an attorney or required to do so by an arbitrator or judge.
- You need to concentrate on your recovery, or your loved one’s recovery. Nursing home cases take time and energy. Your time and energy may be better spent working on your loved one’s physical recovery.
- An attorney can help make sure that systemic changes are made that better protect residents from nursing home abuse and negligence in the future. For example, an attorney can persuade the nursing home to make policy changes that prevent the type of abuse or negligence that hurt your loved one from happening in the future.
Additionally, you should know that:
- The first meeting with a lawyer should be free. Most nursing home abuse lawyers provide free consultations.
- You should still contact an attorney even if your loved one has passed away. Your loved one’s estate may have the right to pursue a nursing home abuse case.
- You can contact an experienced lawyer any time—24/7/365—via this website or by calling 1-800-800-5678. We welcome your call at any time.
Your loved one’s time to file a lawsuit or to pursue a financial recovery is limited. Accordingly, we encourage your loved one or her estate to take action immediately by scheduling a free, no-obligation consultation with us today to learn more about how a nursing home case works and about how we can help you.