Hupy and Abraham,
Thank you for your recent donation to the Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin to be used for training of first responders. Your gift helps to support our mission to improve the lives of all that are affected by autism.
We strive to increase public awareness about the day-to-day issues faced by people on the autism spectrum advocating for appropriate services for individuals both as children and adults. The need for effective and reliable support services and programs for those that are affected by autism grows every year as the autism rate is no 1 in 58. Last year more than 5,000 people in our community were directly impacted by our programs which included:
- Parent phone support and training
- Weekly email updates
- Summer bike camp for children with developmental disabilities
- Social events such as holiday parties and picnics
- Newsletter featuring local events and families published 4 times a year
- Autism awareness increased through connections to community groups
- Educator and professional development opportunities
Your gift and the support of people in southeastern Wisconsin are what make it possible for us to expand and enrich the services we provide to people that are affected by autism.