Thank you for your generous gift to purchase benches of Kilbourn Park! Thanks to the support of friends Iike you, COA can provide life-changing programs and resources to over 10,000 children and families each year. Together, we are serving children, strengthening families, and building community.
• Your investment is changing lives at COA"s two early education centers, providing children six weeks to six years old with high quality developmental supports: and COA's skills development program (Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters) for children ages 2 to 5 empowers parents to get their kids ready for school. You are also helping put thousands of new books into the hands and homes of children through COA's Read Everywhere program.
• Your contribution impacts over 2,500 Milwaukee youth in after-school and summer programs at COA's two community centers and at eight Milwaukee Public Schools. Your support facilitates activities that focus on academics, STEM, arts, life skills, physical recreation, leadership & community engagement, career/post-secondary, and Youth Leadership Institutes.
• COA keeps growing our 1 13-year tradition of bringing children to camp! The past four summers, your support has helped provide scholarships for over 1,000 children to experience the life-changing magic of overnight camp at Camp Helen Brachman in Almond, Wisconsin.
• COA's two Family Resource Centers serve thousands of families with young children with the skills and resources to be great parents, support their children, and provide critical resources -including a thriving food pantry, employment help, and a new Susan G. Komen satellite office.
• You are transforming the neighborhoods we serve through our community development initiatives. For example, in Milwaukee's Amani neighborhood this has included opening Moody Park with a free summer meal program and daily youth and family activities, and a partnership with Children's Hospital to open a pediatric and family clinic inside COA's Goldin Center. COA's Kilbourn and Kadish Park has transformed the area, and COA's Skyline Music Series provides free family concerts to over 9,000 people each year.
COA's commitment to providing quality programs is mirrors in our commitment to financial efficiency and transparency: more than 90 cents of every dollar raised goes directly to supporting Milwaukee families. Charity Navigator ranks COA among the top ten nonprofits statewide and COA is the highest rated children and Family services organization in Wisconsin. Again, thank you for investing in Milwaukee's children and families! Happy anniversary, and thank you so much for the great benches in the park!
Thomas P. Schneider