Whether or not you have already been involved in a car accident, the thought of a car crash injury can be overwhelming. While you may not be able to prevent every crash, there are things that you can do to be prepared before an accident occurs and to protect your recovery after a crash happens.
The Information You Need Now
As a Wisconsin driver, it is important to know about:
- Car seat laws. Wisconsin has specific car seat laws for infants, toddlers, and children. The right car seat for your child’s age and size may help prevent a serious injury or a tragedy from occurring if an accident happens.
- Minimum car insurance requirements. Wisconsin requires every driver to have a minimum amount of car insurance so that victims of car accidents can be compensated after a crash. It is important to know what those minimum insurance requirements are and what to do if you are hurt in an accident with a driver who is uninsured.
- How to get a copy of a police report after an accident. The police should come to the scene of any crash that results in an injury. They will help the victims and investigate the cause of the crash. After the accident, you will want to get a copy of the police report for your records and to share with your attorney.
- What not to do at the scene of a crash. There are common mistakes that are made at accident scenes that can impact a victim’s ability to recover fair damages. You need to know what these mistakes are so that you can take appropriate actions to avoid them.
- Collecting evidence at the scene of a crash. There are also things that you can do at the scene of an accident that can help you establish liability and make a fair recovery. You need to know what these things are so that you can collect the right kinds of evidence at the accident scene.
- Special steps you should take if you are in an accident with a baby or child. Your baby or young child may not be able to tell you what hurts after a crash. Thus, you need to know what special steps you should take if you’ve been involved in an accident with a baby or child.
Additionally, it is important to know how to protect your rights after an accident. You can learn more about that by reading our FREE book, The Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims, anytime, or by calling our experienced auto accident lawyers directly if you or your child have been injured or your loved one has been killed in a crash.