Were you or a loved one injured in a car crash in Eastern Wisconsin? Having an experienced Green Bay car accident lawyer on your side can help you navigate through the complex legal process of filing a claim so you can avoid costly mistakes.
Our team of skilled auto accident attorneys at Hupy and Abraham will ensure your legal rights are protected after crash and will fight to get you the full and fair settlement you deserve.
Why Hire a Green Bay Car Accident Lawyer?
There are many benefits of hiring a lawyer who specializes in car accidents. You will want to make sure that the lawyer you use has experience in car accident cases and understands what it takes to get a positive outcome. Not only will a car accident attorney in Green Bay negotiate with the insurance company so you do not have to do it yourself, but they will understand what type of evidence is needed to prove your case.
Filing a lawsuit can be stressful and often confusing. Hiring a Green Bay car accident lawyer will help remove the stress associated with the legalities of a claim from your life, so you do not need to question whether you are making mistakes that can cost you money. A lawyer will handle all aspects of your case so you can focus on your recovery and the things that were important before your accident instead of the claim.
What Does a Car Accident Lawyer Do?
When you use a car accident lawyer in Green Bay to represent your case, you will be advised of your legal rights so that they stay protected. A lawyer will guide you through the entire claim process so you can avoid making costly mistakes that could lessen the amount of your settlement.
To recover damages, you will need to prove that another party was negligent in their actions and caused the accident. An experienced car crash attorney understands what is required in order to prove a auto accident case and will do the following:
- Investigate the accident to determine the cause and who to hold responsible. This can be done by gathering evidence from the accident scene, such as witness testimony, police and medical reports, and photos from the crash.
- Calculate the value of your case and determine what damages you are entitled to receive.
- Negotiate with insurers on your behalf. Anything you say can be held against your case. Insurance companies may pressure you to settle your claim for less than it is worth. Once you settle with an insurance company, you will not be able to ask for more money if you incur additional medical costs or are unable to work.
- Represent you in court if the insurance company is unwilling to settle your claim. You will want an experienced car accident attorney on your side rather than representing yourself.
Car accident injuries can have long-term consequences. You may become permanently disabled and unable to work or earn an income. Serious injuries can cause impairments that can alter your life. A lawyer will determine what type of compensation you are entitled to receive and fight to make sure you get the full value of what your claim is worth.
How to Find the Best Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
It can be overwhelming when searching for the best Green Bay car accident lawyer to use for your case. With many options to consider, the task may be a challenge. You can begin your search online or by asking friends and family for referrals of attorneys they may have experience using in the past for similar cases. You may even know a lawyer personally that you may want to consider.
To narrow down your choices, you will want to take into consideration the following:
- Whether the lawyer has experience in car accident cases like yours
- The size of the firm and resources available
- Who your point of contact will be during the case
- Type of payment arrangement available—at Hupy and Abraham, we offer our clients a Win or It’s Free Guarantee!
- The types of awards and accolades that a lawyer has received can give insight into how the lawyer or law firm rates in the local community and what types of recognition they have been awarded
- Case results can show the types of car accident settlements that have been awarded to past clients and the number of cases the lawyer or firm has won
- Testimonials (like the one below) from past clients show proof of how satisfied others have been with the firm and the lawyers
The last step is setting up a time to meet with each attorney in person. Since many lawyers offer free consultations to discuss your case, you have nothing to lose. At the initial consultation, you will want to ask plenty of questions since the answers will help you make a final decision. You will want to hire a lawyer you feel comfortable talking to and who is honest and trustworthy.
When to Get a Lawyer After an Accident
After a car crash in Green bay, the last thing on your mind may be hiring a lawyer. Medical appointments and treatment may be your main priorities, and you may want to wait to seek legal advice until you feel better. This is not the best idea since you will only have a certain amount of time to file a claim.
It is important to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible to avoid missing essential deadlines for taking legal action. The statute of limitations in Wisconsin for a car accident claim is three years from the date of the accident. Failing to file a claim within this deadline will result in your claim being dismissed by the court. Once this happens, you will not be able to recover damages or seek future compensation for your injuries.
Since most lawyers offer a free consultation, you have nothing to lose by contacting a lawyer immediately after the accident. As long as you are within the statute of limitations and have not agreed to settle your claim with the insurance company, you can still hire a car accident attorney to represent your case.
How a Car Accident Attorney in Green Bay Can Help Your Case
Are you still unsure whether you need to hire a car accident attorney or if you should handle the case on your own? Most clients who are represented by an attorney get a higher settlement than those who attempt to do it on their own. An attorney will ensure you are treated fairly throughout the legal process and prevent your claim from being undervalued by insurers. To determine what your case is worth, an attorney will calculate the damages resulting from the accident and fight to get you the full amount of compensation.
Since car accident cases can be challenging, an attorney will make sure all rules and deadlines are followed, so you can pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive. Not every case is settled with the insurance company. Our Green Bay car accident attorney is prepared to take the case to trial and represent you in court. They will understand what it takes to get you a positive outcome and be willing to fight to make sure you get what you deserve.
Contact Our Green Bay Car Crash Lawyer for a Free Consult
If you or a loved one were injured in an auto crash, contact our Green Bay car accident lawyer at Hupy and Abraham for a free consultation. We will go above and beyond to win your case and have a Win or It’s Free Guarantee. To set up a confidential appointment, fill out our convenient contact form online or call us at 1-800-800-5678.