If you have lost a loved one in an Iowa car accident, you may feel that your world will never be right again. In some ways, you are absolutely correct. Your loved one won’t come back. But a Cedar Rapids wrongful death attorney can help you get accountability for your loss and ease your financial struggles.
- Investigate the accident that caused the death
- Establish the cause of death
- Determine who is liable for the death and whether multiple parties share the blame
- Determine the value of your claim
- Handle the paperwork related to the death
- Create an estate and appoint an administrator if the deceased did not leave a will
- File the paperwork for the Iowa wrongful death claim
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Gather evidence to support your case
- Seek a settlement or take the case to trial
- Pay bills and distribute the damages
You have suffered enough. You have lost a family member. You not deserve to suffer financially. An Iowa wrongful death lawsuit can provide compensation for medical bills, burial expenses, property damage and other expenses associated with the death. You can also be financially compensated for the income, companionship, and services that your family has lost.
The Cedar Rapids wrongful death attorneys at Hupy and Abraham work hard to protect the rights of Iowa injury victims and their families. Learn more about your rights in our free book, The Ultimate Guide For Automobile Accident Victims. To schedule a free consultation, contact Hupy and Abraham at 800-800-5678.