After an accident, follow these steps:
1. Stay calm. Check yourself and any passengers for injuries.
2. Contact law enforcement. Call 911 if anyone is injured.
3. Get contact information from any drivers involved and any witnesses. Do not speak with others involved about how the accident happened.
4. Take photographs of the scene and the vehicles involved.
5. See a doctor right away and tell them about any symptoms you’ve experienced since the accident.
6. Notify your insurance company of the accident and don’t talk to the other driver’s insurance company.
7. Contact an experienced law firm like Hupy and Abraham to handle your accident case.