May is motorcycle awareness month.
Here are 5 tips that will help you watch for motorcycles.
1. There will be a lot of motorcycles on the road during the spring and summer months. Always keep this in mind while you’re driving.
2. Due to their size, motorcyclists are much harder to see while driving. Look twice for motorcycles, especially at intersections and in your blind spots.
3. Keep enough distance between your vehicle and any motorcycle you’re driving close to. Don’t rely on a motorcycle’s brake light to show that a rider is slowing down.
4. Never try to share a lane with a motorcycle rider. Give them the full width of the lane.
5. Drive cautiously around a motorcycle with its turn signal on. Most motorcycles don’t have signals that automatically shut off after a turn.
Be safe and share the road.