Wrong-way accidents can result in serious, life-threatening injuries. If another driver came into your lane and hits your vehicle, then you need to protect your legal rights and recovery.
Start at the Accident Scene
If you are physically able to take action at the scene of your wrong-way crash, then you can begin protecting your rights by:
- Taking pictures and videos. Take pictures and videos from as many different angles as possible and save them. The photos and video footage could provide essential evidence about the cause of the crash.
- Getting contact information from the other driver. Make sure to include the driver’s name, address, phone number, email address, insurance information, and license plate information.
- Wrong-way contact information from passengers and witnesses. Your attorney may want to contact them later.
- Calling 911. The police will come to secure the accident scene, investigate the cause of the crash, and first responders will evaluate you, and others, for injuries and transport anyone who needs immediate medical attention to the hospital.
Do not worry if you miss one of these steps or if you are unable to do anything at all because of your injuries. You can still make a fair recovery.
Call an Illinois Car Accident Attorney Today
For more than 50 years, our auto accident attorneys have represented injured people throughout the Midwest. We have helped more than 70,000 clients recover a total of more than $1 billion in compensation for their injuries. Insurance companies know that we mean business and that we will:
- Gather all of the relevant evidence
- Fight for our clients full and fair recoveries
- Go to court if the insurance company is unwilling to settle
Call us today and let us work for you. We will advocate for your recovery of past and future medical costs, lost income, out-of-pocket expenses, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other damages from your wrong-way accident.