Attorney Michael F. Hupy is the senior partner in the billion dollar law firm of Hupy and Abraham, S.C. overseeing 11 offices in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. In his career, he has achieved multi-million dollar results for clients including a $22 million award for an injured child.
Through Attorney Hupy's leadership, the firm has donated over $1 million to thousands of worthwhile causes.
In December 2008, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle presented Attorney Hupy with a Certificate of Commendation for many years of leadership in making "the community a better place to live." The Governor previously publicly thanked Attorney Hupy for his help in reversing a unanimous Wisconsin Supreme Court decision that could have reduced damages for injured motorcyclists.
In 2009, the State of Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs presented Attorney Hupy with a commendation for making a $5,000 donation to the Veteran's Assistance Program in recognition of Dave Zien's million-mile ride. Attorney Hupy was on the back of Zien's bike when he reached the million-mile mark on April 4, 2009.
Attorney Hupy has been AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell for more than 20 years. This is the Gold Standard of Lawyer Ratings - highest possible peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards - and has been since 1987. This award is the pinnacle of professional excellence earned through a strenuous Peer Review Process that is managed by the world's most trusted legal resources - not made up ratings and scores based on posts, reviews, and responses to public forums.
In 2019, Attorney Hupy was a recipient of the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award presented by The Marquis Who’s Who Publications Board. This award is an honor reserved for Marquis Biographies who have achieved career longevity and demonstrated unwavering excellence in their field.
Licensed to Practice: Wisconsin; Illinois; United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin; Northern District of Illinois; United States Supreme Court
- Marquette University Law School – Juris Doctor (1972)
- Marquette University – Bachelor of Arts (1968)
- Service Award – Center for Entrepreneurship (2012)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist – National Board of Trial Advocacy (2014)
- Top Local Activist – Shepherd Express (2014, 2016)
- Leaders in Law – Wisconsin Law Journal (2013)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers (2007-Present)
- Super Lawyer – Super Lawyers (2005)
- AV Preeminent Rated – Martindale Hubbell (1995-Present)
- Distinguished Service Award – Milwaukee Bar Association (2015)
- Lifetime Service Award – Milwaukee Community Journal (2016)
- Parents of the Year – COA Youth and Family Centers (2017)
- Elite Lawyers of America
- Salvation Army Chaplaincy Program Outstanding Individual Award – LISC and Safe & Sound Crime Prevention (2018)
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award – The Marquis Who’s Who Publications Board (2019)
- Diversity in Business Award – Wisconsin Law Journal (2019)
- United Performing Arts Fund – Campaign Cabinet (2015-Present)
- ABATE of Iowa (2013-Present)
- Martindale Hubbell – The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (2010-Present)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (2007-Present)
- American Association for Justice (2000-Present)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (1995-Present)
- ABATE of Wisconsin – Lifetime Member (1989-Present)
- A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois (1989-Present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (1972-Present)
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers – Board of Directors (1987-2000)
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – President (1988)
- Wisconsin Law Foundation – Fellow (2021-Present)
The service is always thorough and concise. The communication between the firm and client has always been consistent, as well as the ability to reach counsel without issue. I have used the services of Michael Hupy and his firm on multiple occasions spanning more than 40 years. I have never been disappointed. Great service, great staff and great outcome. Thank you.
Attorney Michael Hupy, thank you for helping so many in need, and for helping nonprofits, arrive successfully to accomplish their goals. You are a true partner in so many areas! Congrats too on the many awards and acknowledgments as well! God bless you and the good work you do!
I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with your firm. You have been very professional and have kept me up to date with what has been going on with my case. Any questions I may have your office has answered promptly and with utmost professionalism. Your employees are very hard workers who I hope your company values. I will recommend your firm with the utmost confidence and enthusiasm.
Thank you kindly for everything you've done for my sister. May you be blessed today and everyday—I have and will continue to recommend Hupy and Abraham to any and everyone I know.
Mr. Hupy, I wanted to personally thank you for the quick attention your firm gave to my parents. Not often is my mother impressed with service and she was dazzled by the response given and efficiency of the investigator.