Attorney Michael F. Hupy is the senior partner at Hupy and Abraham overseeing 11 offices in 3 states. Through Attorney Hupy's leadership during the past three years, the firm has donated more than $500,000 to worthwhile organizations and causes.
In December 2008, Wisconsin Governor Jim Doyle presented Attorney Hupy with a Certificate of Commendation for many years of leadership in making "the community a better place to live." The Governor previously publicly thanked Attorney Hupy for his help in reversing a unanimous Wisconsin Supreme Court decision that could have reduced damages for injured motorcyclists.
In 2009, the State of Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs presented Attorney Hupy with a commendation for making a $5,000 donation to the Veteran's Assistance Program in recognition of Dave Zien's million-mile ride. Attorney Hupy was on the back of Zien's bike when he reached the million-mile mark on April 4, 2009.
Licensed to Practice: Wisconsin; Illinois; United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin; Northern District of Illinois; United States Supreme Court
- Marquette University Law School – Juris Doctor (1972)
- Marquette University – Bachelor of Arts (1968)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist – National Board of Trial Advocacy (2014)
- Top Local Advocate – Shepherd Express (2014)
- Leaders in Law – Wisconsin Law Journal (2013)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers (2012-Present)
- Super Lawyer – Super Lawyers (2005)
- AV Preeminent Rated – Martindale Hubbell (2012-Present)
- United Performing Arts Fund – Campaign Cabinet (2015-Present)
- ABATE of Iowa (2013-Present)
- Martindale Hubbell – The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (2010-Present)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum (2007-Present)
- American Association for Justice (2000-Present)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum (1995-Present)
- ABATE of Wisconsin – Lifetime Member (1989-Present)
- A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois (1989-Present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (1972-Present)
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers – Board of Directors (1987-2000)
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – President (1988)
Attorney Michael Hupy, thank you for helping so many in need, and for helping nonprofits, arrive successfully to accomplish their goals. You are a true partner in so many areas! Congrats too on the many awards and acknowledgments as well! God bless you and the good work you do!
I just wanted to let you know how impressed I am with your firm. You have been very professional and have kept me up to date with what has been going on with my case. Any questions I may have your office has answered promptly and with utmost professionalism. Your employees are very hard workers who I hope your company values. I will recommend your firm with the utmost confidence and enthusiasm.
Thank you kindly for everything you've done for my sister. May you be blessed today and everyday—I have and will continue to recommend Hupy and Abraham to any and everyone I know.