Our Wisconsin class action attorneys know that pharmaceutical companies are not above the law.
Because the pharmaceutical industry is regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), many people assume that the medication they buy must be safe. There are so many different drugs on the market today, promising relief for such a wide variety of ailments. When your doctor says you need a particular medication, you think nothing of it because you're sure you wouldn't be given a prescription if the drug wasn't safe…right?
If you or a loved one has been injured by a pharmaceutical drug or medical device, then you know how easily risky products get to market. Our Wisconsin drug injury attorneys understand your frustration. Contact one of our pharmaceutical lawyers today.
Serious Class Action Pharmaceutical Lawsuits
Products and Medications
What's becoming clear is that the FDA isn't as on top of "Big Pharma" as we would like. You just have to tune into the news to hear about the latest mass tort medical scandal. Consider the following medications that are currently under investigation by our pharmaceutical lawyers:
- Zofran - This anti-nausea medication can cause birth defects when taken by pregnant women.
- Xarelto - This blood thinner can cause severe internal bleeding.
- Actos - This drug was approved to treat Type II Diabetes but has been linked to side effects as serious as bladder cancer.
- Power Morcellators - The devices, typically used to perform hysterectomies, can spread an undetected cancer throughout the abdominal cavity.
- Low Testosterone - Drugs meant to increase testosterone levels could increase risk of heart attack, stroke or even death.
- Transvaginal Mesh - The complications of transvaginal mesh surgery can cause pain, serious injuries or even death.
- DePuy Hip Implants - In August 2010, DePuy issued a recall of their ASR hip implant devices, after more than 90,000 had been installed in U.S. patients. The implants have been shown to break down easily, sometimes dissolving metal into the patient's blood.
- Granuflo and Naturalyte - The FDA issued a recall notice for these dangerous dialysis drugs in 2012.
Every week, this list grows as additional dangerous drugs and hazardous medical devices injure hundreds patients across the United States. Are you the latest victim?
What Is a Class Action Lawsuit?
Also known as "mass tort litigation," pharmaceutical class action lawsuits are when a group of people suffering from the same or similar harms, losses or injuries caused by the same product sue the drug company as a group. For a Wisconsin class action attorney to file a class action lawsuit, there usually needs to be a minimum number of injured people with each person suffering a minimum amount of damage. If your group is successful with the class action litigation, all the members who have joined the lawsuit divide up the recovery money, with each person receiving a payout amount proportional to what was lost.
Why Should I Consider a Class Action Lawsuit?
You've been injured or harmed by a pharmaceutical product and are wondering why you should team up with other injured people; after all, your first priority is to make sure your losses and suffering are addressed, not those of a group of strangers. However, joining a Wisconsin class action lawsuit against a big drug company has several benefits.
- Save time.
Imagine how long it would take for your own individual pharmaceutical case to make it to court if you had to get in line behind a thousand other individual lawsuits. It could be years or even decades before you get your day in court.
- Share information.
Intense research and scientific investigation is often needed to prove that the pharmaceutical product was harmful. In an Iowa class action lawsuit, many victims can all benefit from the same high-quality research from a pharmaceutical lawyer with extensive resources and expert investigators.
- Share expert witnesses.
Imagine if a thousand people all sue a drug company separately and all want the top medical experts to testify about the side-effects or injuries they suffered. Those experts either would not be available to everybody who needed them or they would be so busy testifying in case after case that they'd never have a chance to do anything else. A pharmaceutical mass tort lawsuit in Illinois allows all the injured plaintiffs to benefit from the testimony of top experts.
Contact Us Today
Class action lawsuits are a very efficient way for a large number of victims to have their day in court against a large pharmaceutical company.
To find out more about joining a class action lawsuit in Wisconsin against a pharmaceutical company, contact the attorneys of Hupy and Abraham today for a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation.