Unfortunately, auto and motorcycle accidents, medical mistakes, and other personal injuries take the lives of thousands of people each and every year. The Wisconsin accident lawyers see families grieving their losses every day in our offices.
When a family loses a loved one in a tragic accident due to the negligence of another person, nine times out of ten the last thing on their minds is monetary compensation. Instead, they would give anything just to have their family member back.
Sadly, that is not possible. However, under Wisconsin law, the survivors are entitled to compensation for the wrongdoing of the other party. A surviving spouse, child, or other family member has the legal right to bring a Wisconsin wrongful death claim against the negligent person responsible for an untimely death.
Milwaukee wrongful death claims can be confusing, especially when it comes to the different types of compensation that are factored into the potential settlement. That is why we have compiled a list of the different damages that can receive compensation:
- Lost income due to the death of the loved one. Factored in will be the amount of money that the decedent made, and would be making if he or she were still alive.
- Loss of care, companionship, affection, protection, and guidance that the loved one provided and that is now gone due to his or her death.
- Funeral and burial expenses for the loved one.
- Medical care related to the death of the loved one, including grief counseling or psychiatric care for the surviving family members.
- The pain and suffering caused by the tragic accident and resulting death.
Before hiring any Wisconsin wrongful death lawyer to handle the claim make sure to find out what he or she plans to do to address the damages mentioned above. You may also contact the lawyers at Hupy and Abraham at 800.800.5678 for a no-obligation case evaluation at no charge. We are very truly sorry for your loss.