If you and your family are dealing with the unexpected loss of a loved one, the last thing you want to think about is hiring a lawyer. However overwhelming, finding a wrongful death attorney is the first step in filing a Wisconsin wrongful death claim. In this article, we’ve broken down the steps to finding the Wisconsin wrongful death attorney who is right for you.
- Get the names of lawyers. Ask friends and family for recommendations, or try a web search. This will give you a place to start.
- Do your research. There are many types of lawyers. The attorney who helped a co-worker with a bankruptcy case may not have the experience to handle a wrongful death claim. Look for attorneys with expertise in personal injury or wrongful death. Look through case results for cases similar to your own.
- Schedule a free consultation. Many Wisconsin personal injury attorneys offer free consultations. This gives the attorney the opportunity to learn about your case. It gives you an opportunity to meet the attorney and ask any questions.
- Get a value for your claim. During the free consultation, the Wisconsin injury lawyer may put a monetary value on your case. Don’t assume that the lawyer that gives you the highest value is the best lawyer. Again, check case results to make sure the attorneys claims are backed up by experience.
- Make sure you feel comfortable. You will be working with your Wisconsin wrongful death lawyer for several months. He will need information about your life and relationship with the deceased. You should feel comfortable sharing information with your lawyer. You should never feel rushed or unimportant. After all, the attorney is working for you.
Think we may be the right attorneys for your Wisconsin wrongful death case? Contact Hupy and Abraham at 800-800-5678. We maintain seven offices across Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. One call to us and we can direct you to an experienced wrongful death attorney at your closest office.