The car is packed, the itinerary is set, and you and the family are off to enjoy a summer road trip. You have big plans and you are excited to make the special family memories that seem so difficult to create during the busyness of the school year, but are you really ready to get on the road? As you get ready to enjoy your summer family road trip, our Milwaukee car accident lawyers encourage you to remember the following tips for avoiding accidents in Wisconsin and any other state you may visit.
Five Tips for Avoiding Accidents This Summer
As you get on the road, it is important to remember:
- Remember not to use your cell phone and drive.
- Remember to know where you are heading and to be comfortable with your route.
- Remember not to drive while you are tired. A long day of sightseeing or outdoor activity can make you drowsy.
- Remember that kids can be distracting. If they are arguing or needing your attention, it is important to pull over and avoid a distracted driving wreck.
- Remember to make sure that your car is ready for your trip so that you avoid unnecessary breakdowns or repairs along the way.
These tips may help reduce your chances of getting hurt on a summer road trip with the family, but they won’t eliminate the risk of getting hurt in an accident because of a distracted driver.
Call Our Wisconsin Car Accident Attorneys If You’re Hurt in a Crash
If you have been injured in a crash while on vacation with the family this summer, please contact an experienced Wisconsin car accident lawyer today at 800-800-5678 and please read our FREE book, The Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims, for more information.