You worry about a lot of things, and the safety of your family is at the top of your list of concerns. You teach your children to cross the street safely in order to avoid fatal pedestrian crashes and you beg your spouse to drive carefully in order to avoid fatal car crashes, but what can you do to avoid fatal truck crashes?
Unfortunately, Avoiding Fatal Truck Accidents in Milwaukee May Be Out of Your Control
Sometimes you can’t prevent a fatal truck crash. Milwaukee truck drivers, truck manufacturers, or truck maintenance workers may be responsible for the crash.
While fatal truck accidents are not as common as fatal car or motorcycle accidents, they are still a concern. Earlier this year, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation released the 2010 Wisconsin fatal truck accident statistics. According to those statistics:
- There were 63 truck accident fatalities.
- 49 of the people who died were drivers.
- 14 of the people who died were vehicle passengers.
- Truck drivers reportedly caused 17 fatal large truck accidents.
- The majority of Wisconsin fatal truck wrecks happened in the warm weather months. No fatal truck wrecks were reported in the state in January or February 2010.
Statewide statistics for 2011 are not yet available.
Contact a Milwaukee Wrongful Death Lawyer If You Have Lost a Loved One
If you have lost a loved one in a Wisconsin truck wreck then it is important to contact an experienced Milwaukee wrongful death attorney as soon as possible for more information about your rights and possible recovery. We encourage you to read our FREE book, The Ultimate Guide for Automobile Accident Victims, and to call us directly at 1-800-800-5678 or 414-223-4800 for more information.