You may have been popular before your recent slip and fall accident but now it seems like your phone is ringing constantly. It can be exhausting, unnecessary, and in some cases potentially harmful to your legal recovery for you to take every call that comes in after your injury. Therefore, it is important to know whom to talk to and whom not to talk to if you’ve been hurt.
The Phone Calls to Take, and Not to Take, After an Iowa Slip and Fall
Whether you’ve slipped at a Fareway, tripped at a Cedar Rapids restaurant, or fell on someone else’s property in Iowa, it is important to answer the phone if it is:
- Your doctor. Your doctor may have important information for you and it may be difficult to reach her if you wait and return the call later.
- Your employer. Your employer may want to know about your recovery and when you may be able to come back to work.
- A friend or relative. You can use your discretion on this. For example, you don’t want your mother to worry about you, but you don’t need to talk to her every hour.
You should be cautious about answering the phone if it is:
- An insurance company. Anything that you say directly to an insurance company can later be used against you.
- The owner, manager, or employee of the place where you fell. There is nothing for you to talk about directly with the owner, manager, or employees.
- A lawyer who doesn’t represent you. The lawyer may represent another party to the accident.
For these reasons, caller ID will be a very useful tool to you following your accident.
The Phone Calls to Make
You do not have to sit back and wait for the phone to ring. Instead, you can be proactive in your own recovery by contacting your doctors and an experienced slip and fall lawyer. If you would like to talk to us about your legal rights or possible recovery, please call us today at 800-800-5678 or use the online contact form provided on this website.