The accident has already happened and you have already been hurt. Your primary concern is recovering from your motorcycle accident injuries. However, the cause of your motorcycle accident should remain one of your top concerns, because in order to get the financial recovery that you deserve you are going to have to prove the cause of your bike crash.
Common Causes to Consider
Many Iowa motorcycle accidents are caused by:
- Poor road design or road conditions. Weather conditions, roads that are in disrepair, obstructed views, and other road design or road condition difficulties can result in a serious motorcycle wreck.
- A drunk driver. Drunk drivers may have impaired reflexes, poor judgment, and other physical problems that make an accident more likely.
- A distracted driver. Cell phone use while driving is one form of distracted driving, but it is not the only form of distraction that can result in a serious accident and injury.
- A drowsy driver. Tired drivers may drift between lanes, may fail to see riders, and may fail to stop in time to avoid catastrophic crashes.
- A speeding driver. Drivers who are exceeding the speed limit or who are traveling faster than is reasonable or proper may not be able to stop in time to avoid a crash.
- An aggressive driver. Everyone is in a hurry. Drivers who weave in and out of traffic, follow the rider in front of them too closely, or are otherwise aggressive may cause serious accidents.
- A driver who does not know how to share the road with riders. Car and truck drivers often make mistakes. The small size of motorcycles may confuse them and dangerous, potentially deadly mistakes may be made.
Sometimes motorcycle crashes happen for multiple reasons.
How to Find Out What Really Caused Your Motorcycle Accident
Before you can recover damages in an Iowa motorcycle accident case, you will need to prove that another driver was at fault for the crash. You will need to conduct an investigation and provide evidence of the wreck.
But you don’t have to do it alone. You have the right to contact one of our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys and avid riders to help you investigate what happened and fight for your fair and just recovery. Please contact us via this website if you would like to schedule your own free, no-obligation consultation so that you can get started protecting your rights.