The Mayo Clinic offers not just on-site medical treatment, but an extensive library of information on almost every medical condition, injury and disease. From traumatic brain injury to a simple cold, mayoclinic.com has information to help you learn more about your illness or injury.
The following links will help guide you through mayoclinic.com. We hope that you find information that will help you recover and prevent further injury or illness.
- Diseases and Conditions- You may use this page to look for a disease, condition or injury. They are indexed alphabetically and you only need the first letter of the condition to begin your search. Some examples include spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury and broken bones. In addition, the symptom checker will help you narrow down any unusual symptoms you have been having.
- Symptom Checker- Here you can choose a symptom, select related factors and view possible causes. The checker guides you through each step and allows you to view symptoms for both children and adults. An alert will tell you if, given your symptoms, you should seek medical advice.
- Drugs and Supplements- Look up almost any prescription drug, over-the-counter medication or herbal supplement here. Like the diseases and condition page, you just need to know the first letter of the drug to begin your search. Information on the drug will include brand names, a description of the drug, cautions and drug interactions, proper use, storage, precautions and side effects.
- Test and Procedures- Even minor tests and procedures may take some preparation on your part. Use this link find the test or procedure you are interested in to learn more about why it's done, the risks, what to expect during and before the test and what your results will mean.
- Healthy Lifestyles- Prevention is key. Even after you have suffered an injury or illness there are ways to help you and your family live a healthy, fulfilled life. This section contains a wealth of information on weight loss, pregnancy, women's health, healthy aging and more. In addition, many healthy recipes are listed here.
Knowledge is power and we hope that you will find useful information on the Mayo Clinic's website. If you have been made ill by a prescription drug or over the counter medication, you might have a case against the drug's manufacturer. At Hupy & Abraham we do our best, everyday, to protect the rights of patients who have suffered after using a "safe" medication. Please contact your experienced pharmaceutical class action attorneys at Hupy & Abraham today for your free consultation.