Contact

Get Help Now

WI IL IA

Iowa Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure Thanks Hupy and Abraham

Dear Hupy and Abraham,

As the year comes to an end, we want to take a moment to say thank you for all of your support during 2013, in particular the "2013 Komen Iowa Race for the Cure."

The "2013 Komen Iowa Race for the Cure" had many significant memories - including the "Survivor Parade" honoring those who have beaten breast cancer, seeing the sea of pink fly down the hill during the start of the 5K, watching each survivor receive a rose as they cross the finish line, and many more. You helped make all of this possible and, more importantly, helped bring us closer to finding a cure to breast cancer.

As a token of our appreciation, and to preserve those memories in your mind and heart, enclosed is a certificate of thanks for your support of Komen's vision to build a world without breast cancer. When you look at it, we hope that you will also remember that we appreciate the trust bestowed on us to use your support wisely.

Here in Iowa, 75% of the funds we raise stays at home and is distributed through a competitive grant process to provide screening, diagnostic, treatment or support services throughout our 81 county service areas. The remaining 25% is distributed through our national offices to fund the science programs that have led to every major breakthrough in breast cancer research in the last quarter of a century.

We look forward to partnering with you again next October for the "2014 Race for the Cure." This is another opportunity to continue the fight and get to the ultimate finish line: a world without breast cancer. We look forward to a continued partnership with Hupy and Abraham, and could not be more grateful for your ongoing support.

With sincere thanks and best wishes,

Roger Dahl
Executive Director
Iowa Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure