How do you find a personal injury attorney in Appleton?
One way to find an attorney is to type “Appleton personal injury lawyer” into Google. You can also look in the yellow pages under lawyers. But how do you choose among hundreds of results? It might be best to start by asking your family, friends, and co-workers for referrals. You can also contact the Wisconsin State Bar at 800-362-9082 to ask for referrals.
Check out each attorney’s website. Take a look at the case results to see what type cases the lawyer handles. Look for an attorney who has experience with cases similar to yours.
Your next step is to schedule an initial consultation. Most Appleton personal injury attorneys offer a free case evaluation. You can use these appointments to screen several attorneys.
When you go to your appointment, bring all paperwork related to your injury, including:
- Accident reports
- Police reports
- Insurance correspondence
- Medical records
This will help the attorney put an initial value on your case.
You will have a chance to discuss the accident. You will have a chance to ask the attorney questions. Here are some good questions to ask:
- How long have you been practicing personal injury law in Appleton?
- What is your background?
- How many Appleton personal injury claims have you successfully settled?
- Would you be the only attorney assigned to my case, or will I be working with a team?
- Who makes decisions about my case?
- Do you think my case will go to trial?
- Do you have experience as a trial attorney?
- Do you accept cases on a contingency fee basis?
- Are there any additional fees or potential expenses I should be made aware of?
Finally, choose an attorney that you are comfortable with. Personal injury cases take time and you will be working together for months or even years.
The Appleton injury lawyers at Hupy and Abraham represent all types of Wisconsin injury cases, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death claims, dog bites, slip and falls and pharmaceutical class action cases. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 920-882-8382 (local) or (800) 800-5678 (toll-free).