Once you have consulted with a Milwaukee class action lawyer and decided to either file or join a pharmaceutical class action in Wisconsin, your attorney will get to work investigating, gathering evidence, and preparing the complaint against the drug manufacturer. Once all the preliminaries are in order, you can generally expect the following:
- The complaint will be filed against the pharmaceutical company who manufactured the drug.
- The pharmaceutical company will respond to the complaint and either deny the complaint or challenge the lawsuit.
- Both sides will engage in a discovery period during which information is gathered and shared as required. If motions are filed, plaintiffs may be dismissed at this time.
- A motion will be filed to certify the class action, and the case will proceed if approved.
- Notice is published or sent to members of the class action suit.
- The case is either tried or settled before trial.
Of course, each pharmaceutical class action case is unique, and not every case will proceed in exactly this fashion.
If you have questions after you have been harmed by a dangerous or defective drug in Wisconsin, speak with our experienced Wisconsin class action attorneys today for guidance. We would be happy to review the circumstances of your potential pharmaceutical class action lawsuit and assist you if you decide to proceed. You can reach us at 800-800-5678 today, or feel free to fill out our confidential online contact form for more information.