It’s always difficult to lose someone you love, but when your beloved family member died because someone else wasn’t doing his or her job or wasn’t paying attention, that makes the situation even more difficult to swallow.
If you’re wondering about pursuing a wrongful death claim in Wisconsin, you should talk to an attorney who has experience representing families of victims.
A skilled Milwaukee wrongful death attorney can help you prove that the other person’s actions—or inaction in some cases—caused your loved one’s death. Among other things, the right attorney will be able to help you:
- File a lawsuit within the statutory time limit
- Prove that the other person contributed to or caused the death
- Determine what medical bills, funeral costs, and other expenses you incurred from your loved one’s death
- Put together a compelling argument for your right to compensation
- Negotiate with the responsible party for compensation for these expenses and any additional amount deemed appropriate for your family’s pain and suffering
- Prepare a lawsuit for court if you are unable to come to an agreeable settlement in mediation
Finally, an experienced wrongful death lawyer will know how to handle your case with the utmost compassion. He or she will know how to use the details of this tragedy in a manner that is respectful to your loved one and recognizes that this is a painful topic for you.
To see how Hupy and Abraham can help you, call 800-800-5678 for more information or to set up a free consultation with one of our skilled Wisconsin wrongful death lawyers. When you call, don’t forget to get your free copy of our books and DVDs written exclusively for victims and their families.