The value of your Wisconsin personal injury claim depends on several variables, such as who was at fault, the extent of your injuries and how your life will be affected in the future. If you have been injured in an accident in Wisconsin, you should consult with a Milwaukee personal injury attorney. After conducting an investigation and going over the details of your case, your attorney will be able to give you an estimate of your claim's value.
Evaluating a Wisconsin Personal Injury Claim
Before placing a value on a Wisconsin personal injury claim, your Milwaukee personal injury attorney will have to consider:
- Details of the accident - How and why your injuries occurred and whether anyone can be held liable for your injuries, your degree of fault, and any defenses that might be available.
- Medical history - Before and after you sustained injuries.
- Medical expenses - These include hospital, doctor, medication and therapy bills for diagnosis and treatment as well as any relevant expenses you may incur in the future.
- Lost earnings - If your injury forces you to take time off from work, your Milwaukee personal injury attorney will likely pursue compensation for current and future lost wages.
- Altered quality of life - Has your injury affected your ability to perform household chores, work, play sports or engage in social activities?
- Insurance - Did the person whose negligence caused your injury have insurance? If not, does that person have the ability to pay for your injury?
- Defendant's appearance - Would this person be credible as a witness?
- Your capacity to return to the workforce - Will you require retraining and what will your earning potential be after retraining?
- Availability of witnesses - Will expert witnesses be necessary? If so, will they be credible? The same goes for non-expert witnesses.
- Trial expenses - If a fair settlement can't be reached in your Wisconsin personal injury claim, what would the anticipated expenses be for going to trial or appealing a verdict?
- Case history - How did the jury find the defendant in similar cases in the court where your case will be filed?
This list does not include all factors that might come into play in your Wisconsin personal injury claim. Your Milwaukee personal injury attorney can give you a thorough understanding of how your Wisconsin personal injury claim will be evaluated.
Continue to Next Page >>